Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you allow dogs? Yes! Cabins 6&7 are dog friendly. Here is our dog policy.
Pet Policy - Dogs are ONLY allowed in Cabins 6 & 7. The Dog Fee is $35 per night plus applicable taxes. ONLY 1 Dog per cabin. We do not allow cats.
If you are in cabins 1,3,4,5,8 or 9 and you arrive with a dog you will be required to find boarding for your dog or give up your reservation and any and all deposits and payments.
NO pets may be kept in vehicles or tied up on the porch. NO EXCEPTIONS.
You may not leave your dog in your car or in your cabin unattended FOR ANY REASON.
Your dog must be social with other dogs, cats, small children and lots of new people.
You must clean up after your dog immediately.
You may not allow dogs from your group who are staying elsewhere into your cabin. Visiting dogs and owners must abide by the rules above as well.
What about on your rental boats? We do allow dogs on our boats but please be mindful of the size of your dog. If your dog weighs over 50 pounds then they will be counted as a guest on the boat. Please plan accordingly.
2. Can I water-ski or tube on June Lake? We are so sorry but June Lake is a 10 mph lake. You may visit Crowley Lake just South of Mammoth or Grant Lake in the June Lake Loop to water-ski. But, they do not rent ski boats at either location. Please call those marinas for their policies.
3. Can I fish from your kayaks or stand up paddle boards? I am so sorry but we do not allow fishing from our non motorized watercraft.
6. Do you have camping at Big Rock Resort? No, but maybe one day! The Campground next door is called June Lake Campground you can check availability on https://www.recreation.gov/
7. How far in advance can I book a cabin? We open reservations about 11 months out. We give our current guests the option of keeping their reservation for the following year. Please check our online calendar https://www.bigrockresort.net/cabins for current availability. Yes, the Calendar is current and correct. All reservations are paid in full 30 days from check in. Last minute cancellations are rare.
8. Can I BBQ on my pontoon boat? NO! Fire and boats are not a good combination!
9. You are totally booked! Where else can I stay? I don't keep up with other properties and their availability but you can see a list of all the June Lake Chamber Members here https://junelakeloop.org/ And lots of great info here https://www.visitjunelakeloop.com/
10. How do I get to Big Rock Resort? "Directions" Getting to Big Rock is easy! Coming from Bishop/Mammoth take highway 395 North, make a left on to the South Junction of Highway 158, follow the road around the lake and make a right at the Fire station and come down the driveway to the lake. If you are coming from the North make a right onto the South Junction of highway 158. See you at the lake! What do I do if HWY 158 is closed along the lake in the winter? No, problem! You will be redirected to North Shore Drive which ends at June Mountain Ski Resort. Make a left and come thru town. Make a left at the Fire Station and come down the hill to Big Rock Resort. If 158 South is closed it is closed from Oh Ridge to Boulder Lodge. Town will still be open.
11. Do I need reservations to enter Yosemite National Park? for 2023 they have removed the necessity of reservations, YAY!! For more info on Yosemite please visit www.nps.gov
12. What is your boat cancellation policy?
From the time you book your reservation until 7 days before you arrive: $25. A refund will be processed to your card on file minus $25
From 6 days until 2 days before your arrival: 50%. A 50% refund will be processed to your card on file
From 1 day before your arrival until the day of your reservation: 100%. No refund available.
Please email all cancellations to email@example.com
* Any reservation cancelled by Big Rock Resort will see a refund in full. We do reserve the right to suspend operations due to wind, thunder and/or lightning.
13. Are the cabin kitchens well stocked?
Yes, the kitchens are stocked with pots, pans, dishes and utensils. Nothing fancy but well equipped to make meals. Please bring any disposable items you may want like paper towels, plastic wrap, foil and ziploc bags. All cabins have toasters and coffee makers with filters.
14. Do you provide linens for the cabins?
Yes, all beds are made with sheets, pillows, blankets, and duvets. Plenty of kitchen and bath towels are provided. But, make sure you pack beach towels!
15. What is there to do in June Lake and the surrounding area?
Check out the links below for all of your travel planning questions.